POST-LANDSLIDES, OUR SELF-DIRECTED RESIDENCIES PROGRAM IS ON HOLD. DURING 2023 WE ARE WORKING WITH ARTISTS AND WORKSHOP TEACHERS BY INVITATION. WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY SOLICITING SUBMISSIONS.
Residency and Facilities:
- 2 furnished bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and laundry area.
- 2 studio spaces, which can also be used as a gallery for self-organized presentations.
- Black and white analogue darkroom.
- Digital imaging workspace with Epson Pro 850 scanner and Canon Pro 100-S Printer (A3+).
- Inspiring fjordside views.
What you should know:
- We are located at Strandavegur 29-33, 2.2 kms from the center of Seyðisfjörður town. Seyðisfjörður is 25 kilometers from Egilsstadir and the closest domestic airport.
- There is no public transportation in Seyðisfjörður . The walk from Ströndin to town is 20-25 minutes.
- Ströndin does not provide a car or transport during your residency.
- Winter conditions in Iceland are unpredictable. These conditions emphasize the isolation of this residency.
- The mountain road between Seyðisfjörður and Egilsstaðir often closes in winter.
- Conditions in the surrounding mountains can cause mudslide and avalanche danger. In the case of heavy rains or snow conditions, residents would be alerted of the danger and temporarily evacuated.