POST-LANDSLIDES, OUR SELF-DIRECTED RESIDENCIES PROGRAM IS ON HOLD. DURING 2023 WE ARE WORKING WITH ARTISTS AND WORKSHOP TEACHERS BY INVITATION. WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY SOLICITING SUBMISSIONS.
Residency and Facilities:
- 2 furnished bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and laundry area.
- 2 studio spaces, which can also be used as a gallery for self-organized presentations.
- Black and white analogue darkroom.
- Digital imaging workspace with Epson Pro 850 scanner and Canon Pro 100-S Printer (A3+).
- Inspiring fjordside views.
What you should know:
- We are located at Strandavegur 29-33, 2.2 kms from the center of Seyðisfjörður town. Seyðisfjörður is 25 kilometers from Egilsstadir and the closest domestic airport.
- There is no public transportation in Seyðisfjörður . The walk from Ströndin to town is 20-25 minutes.
- Ströndin does not provide a car or transport during your residency.
- Winter conditions in Iceland are unpredictable. These conditions emphasize the isolation of this residency.
- The mountain road between Seyðisfjörður and Egilsstaðir often closes in winter.
- Conditions in the surrounding mountains can cause mudslide and avalanche danger. In the case of heavy rains or snow conditions, residents would be alerted of the danger and temporarily evacuated.
Other residencies and art education in Seydisfjördur!
Skaftfell Center for Visual Art